The global natural graphite industry gathered in California in mid-November to discuss key industry developments at Benchmark’s Graphite Supply Chain 2016.
While the majority of the meeting remained private, discussion centred on:
1. Forecasts for the anode and battery industries from Benchmark and Cairn ERA
2. The state of global play for traditional markets or ‘industrials’, and whether there will be raw material competition for medium flake or excess micronized graphite on the market from spherical graphite waste
3. Two perspectives on China from companies based in Shandong province – the country’s processing hub
4. A North America update and market sizing from Asbury Carbons
5. An indepth forecast for India’s demand growth from industrial markets
6. A focus on the significant growth in expandable graphite uses driven by regulation on brominated flake retardant usage
7. Refractories: How Magnesita is seeking to reduce its graphite consumption in magnesia carbon bricks by five-times through the development of nano graphite products
8. Market price forecasting from Benchmark – increases expected in 2017 for many grades
9. New supply pipeline: how new significant production could impact the market and reshape the future of the anode sector
10. Foundry markets – sizing the sector in tonnages and how products often get confused with refractories.
Get access to the slide decks:
All the conference slide decks – beside two presented by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence – are available for purchase for £2,000.
Please view the agenda and topics here.
To buy, please contact Andrew Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Those presentations presented by Benchmark are only available to conference delegates.
Graphite Supply Chain will return on 6-8 November 2017. Venue TBA very soon.