Benchmark Mineral Intelligence is delighted to team up with Bloomberg for the New York leg of the Benchmark World Tour 2018.
The Benchmark World Tour, now in its fourth year, is the leading investor forum for lithium ion battery supply chain intelligence and Bloomberg has been one of the most important outlets for reporting the news in the space.
The half day event will take place on Monday 7 May at Bloomberg’s HQ in New York and you can apply to attend here.
This year the tour will evolve the battery conversation from lithium ion to include solid state batteries, vanadium flow and their potential in electric vehicles (EVs) and stationary / utility storage.
The event will include a special guest keynote from Doug Campbell, CEO of Solid State battery developer, Solid Power, will give a 101 on the subject and its potential to displace lithium ion batteries in EVs.
The agenda is as follows and the latest additions can be view here.
0800 Registration & Breakfast
0845: Welcome Address
Christopher Perrella – Chemicals Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence
0900: Lithium ion and alternative battery technologies and their supply chains
• Lithium ion batteries: state of play – production, capacity build out, and market forecast
• EVs: Introducing Solid State Batteries
• Energy Storage: Lithium ion versus vanadium flow
Simon Moores, Managing Director, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence (UK)
0930: Standard Lithium – Robert Mintak, CEO & Director (Canada)
0945: Battery Minerals Resources – Gary Lewis, Chairman & CEO (Australia)
1000: Neometals – Chris Reed, Managing Director (Australia)
1015: Pure Energy Minerals – Patrick Highsmith (Canada)
1030: Introducing the commercial potential for solid state batteries in EVs
• Solid state batteries 101 – a producers perspective
• The medium and long-term potential in solid state cells versus lithium ion batteries
• Solid state’s anode and cathode materials that are leading the charge
Douglas Campbell, CEO, Solid Power Inc (USA)
1050: Q&A with all speakers
1115 Coffee Break
1145 Piedmont Lithium – Taso Arima, Executive Director
1200 Savannah Resources – Martin Steinbild, Director – Lithium Business Development (Australia)
1215 Nano Materials Corp – Dan Blondal, CEO & Director
1230 Lake Resources – Steve Promnitz, Managing Director
1245: Global Geoscience – Bernard Rowe, Managing Director (Australia)
1300 Benchmark’s new lithium, graphite, cobalt and lithium ion battery forecasts out to 2025 (UK)
• Raw Materials Forecasts – base case to 2025
• Benchmark’s lithium reference price – latest trends and future expectations
• Cobalt and graphite anode prices and projections
• What battery raw material is next to watch?
Andy Leyland, Head of Forecasting, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence
1305 Q&A with all speakers